This very morning I noticed that my Wordpress installation had gotten "borked". I was getting the `503 - Service Unavailable` error when trying to access this website. Looking at my Azure website's monitoring page, I could see that there were loads of server errors occurring but couldn't figure out why this was happening. After stopping and restarting the website several times, I was still not having any luck getting it back up and running. After racking my brains for several minutes, I found that the simplest solution is to change the PHP version of the Azure website instance from `5.4` to `5.5`, save the configuration change and restart the website.

I have absolutely no clue why this works but it just does, so there! If I happen to find out what the cause of these errors was, then I will post it here.